For history of the Junior County Side please look here.
The Junior team open up with a clash against Potteries & District before facing Warwick and Worcester and finish off with a game against North Midlands. There’s no question that Warwick and Worcester will be the decisive clash, they finished runners up last season. It will be the first clash since the 2014 final which was remembered for all the wrong reasons, and hopefully this game will pass off without any trouble and be remembered for the on green action and not off. We play Potteries & District for the first time since 2014 when we beat them comfortably home and away, and North Midlands in 2013, having 23 winners.
For a full list of the Junior County fixtures click here.
2017 Junior County Fixtures
Sunday 14th May vs. Potteries & District
Shropshire Juniors secured a big win today in their first Drakes Pride Junior County Match against Potteries & District. We won by 126 at home and 125 away, helped by two walkovers given at the away leg by their opponents, despite them having 7 reserves named. We had 11 winners home and away with Josh Warner and Jacob Holden the two players given those walkovers. At home there were 7 single figure winners with reigning Peter Ashton Youth Trophy Winner Matthew Beck the best of them winning 0. Away from home we had four single figure winners, Liam Edwards the best winning 4.
So we move onto the crunch game in the group against Warwick & Worcester on Sunday 11th June, who themselves won by 236 today against North Midlands.
Draw is as follows Shropshire names first:
- Toby Foxall 21-15 Ryan Dodd
- Matt Parry 21-15 Fraser Page
- Rhys Marshall 21-13 Tom Hollinshead
- Kelly Price 21-5 Jack Turner
- Kieran Jones 21-3 Mollie Allen
- George Cooper 21-9 Dillon Porter
- Harry Parsonage 21-6 Joshua Hamilton
- Matt Beck 21-0 Jack Davies
- Charlie Hotchkiss 21-9 Jack Maddox
- Lorna Parsons 21-7 Kyle Ollerhead
- Camilla Parsonage 21-20 Ben Hollinshead
- Liam Dovey 18-21 Edward Collins
Shropshire 249-123 Potteries & District
Away Venue Bucknall Private Bowling Club
Potteries names first.
- Joe Townsend 11-21 Harry Church
- Daniel Elvy 14-21 Joe Killen
- Tammy Taylor 7-21 Russell Crocker
- Tom Farmer 16-21 Susie Lawson
- William Collett 6-21 Emma Massey-Jones
- Poppy Gascoine 5-21 Tom Killen
- James Wright 12-21 Edward Proudlove
- Lucy Marshall 4-21 Liam Edwards
- W/O Josh Warner
- W/O Jacob Holden
- Matt Packett 15-21 Jake Bailey
- Jack Farmer 21-5 Louis Moult
Potteries & District 111-236 Shropshire
Shropshire 485-234 Potteries & District
Sunday 11th June vs. Warwick & Worcester
Sunday 9th July vs. North Midlands