The National Lottery is celebrating 25 years today and we would like to say Thank You for the help the grant money has given us
- Since The National Lottery’s first draw took place on 19 November 1994, more than £40 billion has been raised for good causes in the areas of arts, sport, heritage and community.
- The 25th birthday is a moment to celebrate the extraordinary impact The National Lottery has had on the UK, and to say thank you to National Lottery players for contributing around £30 million to good causes every week.
- Shropshire Crown Green Bowling Association wish to say THANK YOU to National Lottery players for the grant we received for equipment in 2017. This haslet us target youngsters into the game as well as allowing us to runsessions across our whole age range
1000 players have used the Lottery grant equipment with the county coaching
- 700 juniors
- 350 adult improvers
- Some of the equipment is also out on
loan to clubs across the county enabling them to run
- School links
- School taster sessions
- Cub & Brownie groups
- Regular open coaching sessions
- 40 volunteers have also stepped forward to become new coaches in this period & Shropshire are looking forward to using the equipment for many years to come all thanks to the National Lottery
- The National Lottery has made more than 5,500millionaires but its primary purpose is giving to good causes - over 565,000 individual grants have been awarded across the UK, that’s the equivalent of 200 life-changing projects in every UK postcode district.