We have two players in the inaugural Battle of the Sexes Tournament, our Shropshire County Merit winner Spencer Clarke, and Susie Lawson. Both are taking part in a doubles and singles match with the winning team receiving the Evans-Pritchatt trophy. Spencer teams up with Darrell Handley, who plays for Highley in this county, while Susie is with Lynsey Gorman. They play Susan Hill and Katie Harrop and Andy Spragg and Paul Kelly respectively. In the Singles, Spencer has Debbie Talbot while Susie comes up against Paul Kelly again.
Good luck to both our players in the competition.
There is an article here about the event from the Warrington Guardian.
Full details are below about the event.
SATURDAY 19TH OCTOBER 2019 9.30AM AT BANK PARK PAVILION WARRINGTON
THE INAUGURAL BATTLE OF THE SEXES
THE PINK LADIES V THE MEN IN BLACK
Sponsored by Grange Valley Amusements, Warrington Borough Council, Verite CM Ltd and Lynn Pritchatt
The itinerary for the day is as follows:
9.50am - Players Parade and Welcome
10.00am - Doubles Matches
1.00pm-1.30pm Lunch Break
1.30pm - Singles Matches
5.30pm - Presentation of the Pritchatt-Evans Trophy made by the Mayor of Warrington and award of commemorative medals
5.45pm - Players and Guests Buffet
Hot and cold refreshments will be available all day.
All donations from this event will be going to The Mel Evans MBE Foundation Registered Charity Number 1185479. The newly formed Mel Evans MBE Foundation will support research into the causes of Motor Neurone Disease (MND) in addition to supporting the development of grassroots Crown Green Bowling.
Currently there is no known cause of MND and why healthy and fit men and women are struck down with the condition. Since the ice bucket challenge, MND has received little in the way of significant publicity. MND has no effective treatment or cure and, upon diagnosis, individuals and their families are handed a death sentence with not a shred of hope. Strong words you may say but sadly they are true. Please support in any way you can.
Let us end 2019 with a fabulous display of bowling at this unique event. Please come along and support the sponsors, the players and Bank Park Pavilion if you can.
1. Ross Meese & David May V Louise Ollerton & Jordan Picken
2. Kevan Shaw & Aaron Brine V Pat McGurk & IOM Rep
3. Owen Jackson & Josh Hale V Amanda Nicholas & Tracey Baker
4. Damian Morrison & Barry Booth V Debbie Talbot & Ellie Chandler
5. Spencer Clarke & Darrell Handley V Susan Hill & Katie Harrop
6. Lee Johnstone & Gareth Gwilliam V Janet Hargreaves & Kellie Louise Hill
7. Kevin Nicholas & Ira Collier V Alyson Evans & Sarah Edmondson
8. Andrew Spragg & Paul Kelly V Lynsey Gorman & Susie Lawson
9. Darren Plenderleith & Phil Lee V Debbie Whitworth & Fern Beaumont
1. Phil Lee V Louise Ollerton
2. Ross Meese V Kellie Louise Hill
3. Aaron Brine V Fern Beaumont
4. Josh Hale V IOM Representative
5. Damian Morrison V Janet Hargreaves
6. Darrell Handley V Ellie Chandler
7. Lee Johnstone V Sarah Edmondson
8. Kevan Shaw V Susan Hill
9. Paul Kelly V Susie Lawson
10. Darren Plenderleith V Jordan Picken
11. Barry Booth V Pat McGurk
12. Ira Collier V Tracey Baker
13. Kevin Nicholas V Katie Harrop
14. David May V Amanda Nicholas
15. Spencer Clarke V Debbie Talbot
16. Owen Jackson V Lynsey Gorman
17. Gareth Gwilliam V Alyson Evans
18. Andrew Spragg V Debbie Whitworth