- Qtr Finals
- Jack Hewitt(scr)(Hanmer) 21 – 13 Chris Stretch(scr)(Chester Road)
- Darren Wellings(scr)(Hanwood) 21 – 09 Nigel Ferrington(+1)(Prince Hotel)
- Dan Wornell(scr)(Hanwood) 21 – 17 Matt Blackhurst(+1)(Bridgewater)
- Rob Fuller(scr)(Bylet) 21 – 15 Craig Wilson(scr)(Hanwood)
- Semi Finals
- Jack Hewitt 21 – 09 Darren Wellings
- Dan Wornell 21 – 18 Rob Fuller
- Final Dan Wornell 21 - 18 Jack Hewitt
- Highlights from Quarter finals Jack Hewitt(Hanmer) had to fight back from 5-10 against Chris Stretch(Chester Rd) until, still trailing 8-11 he went on 9 end run to swing the score 19-11 and soon completed the win 21-13. Darren Wellings(Hanwood) turned his 7-3 lead over Nigel Ferrington(Prince Hotel) into 14-6 and 16-9 before running out to post a 21-9 card. Dan Wornell(Prince Hotel) trailed 5-10 before levelling 10-10 with Matt Blackhurst(Bridgewater) and they remained locked together until Dan at 15-15 stretched into the corners to lead 20-15 then finished it off 21-17. Rob Fuller(Bylet) turned a 2-4 deficit into a 16-8 lead until Craig Wilson(Hanwood) fought back to close to within a couple of chalks but couldn’t maintain his push as from 16-14, Rob went on to win 21-15.
- Highlights from the semi Finals Preferring a 23metre mark in the middle of the green, Jack Hewitt quickly turned a score line of 4-4 into a strong 17-7 lead over a luckless Darren Wellings before earning his ticket to the final 21-09. Meanwhile, Dan Wornell was struggling as he trailed Rob Fuller 3-8, 7-14 and 11-17 until he got deep into the corners and took 8 of the next 9 ends to secure a 21-18 win.
- The Final The good crowd of 50+ spectators that stayed to watch were treated not only warm sunshine but a final of pure quality as Dan Wornell established an early 9-3 (9 ends) only to be pegged back as Jack Hewitt levelled at 10-10 (14 ends) after which, with the two players repeatedly stole possession of the jack from the others favourite marks as the scores crept up together from 12-12, 13-13, 14-14, 15-15 and 16-16 until Dan bagged a couple of pairs 20-17 (28 ends). But Jack wasn’t finished as he reclaimed the jack. Then as it looked like the game was about to go the distance, Dan with his last bowl of the 31st end, clipped the jack enough as it skimmed past the front covering bowls to count to give him victory 21-18.
Danny Wornell (left) and Jack Hewitt (right) with their respective trophies alongside County President Isobel Jones.
Jack Hewitt with the Clare Cup.
Dan Wornell with the County Handicap Trophy.
The last eight with County President Isobel Jones. Back from left, Matt Blackhurst, Chris Stretch, Rob Fuller & Nigel Ferrington.
Front from left, Jack Hewitt, Craig Wilson, Dan Wornell & Darren Wellings.