- Shropshire County Doubles Competition played on the greens of Donnington Wood Bowling Club on Sun 27th August 2017
- Highlights of the action included
- Quarter finals: Dave King & Ian Gaut could not shake off the challenge from Phil Whatmough & Rob Jones as the scores on the card were levelled 6-6, 11-11, 17-17 and even 20-20 that left the 25th and deciding end for King to edge and win 21-20. Scott Harries & Jamie King forged into a strong 13-2 lead before Matt Beeston & Jamie Brookes fought back to eventually tie the game 18-18 but as they levelled the score, their progress stalled allowing Harries & King to finish 21-18. Michael Cooper & Kane Beaman shared an even game against Gary & Connor Whitehall until from 11-11 they seized control allowing their opponents to add a solitary chalk as Cooper & Beaman ended their hopes 21-12. Rob Fuller & David Lloyd had to fight back from 6-10 down to Paul Williams & Adie Rowe and from 11-11 they pushed forward to lead themselves 19-14 and despite a late challenge Fuller & Lloyd won 21-18
- Semi Finals: Rob Fuller & David Lloyd were quick off the mark to turn 2-2 and 7-5 into a lead over Michael Cooper & Kane Beaman of 18-5 that was quickly turned into a 21-6 win. Meanwhile, Dave King & Ian Gaut were equally putting their opponents to the sword as they went from 7-2 against Scott Harries & Jamie King, to 11-5 and from 16-7 they ran out to win 21-7
- The final: The final began with the two pairings of Rob Fuller & David Lloyd and Dave King & Ian Gaut sharing a 4-4(9ends) score before King & Gaut took control and pressed into a 15-8(17ends) lead only for them to be pegged back as Fuller & Lloyd took the lead 16-15(21ends) and as the small crowd looked on, the inevitable happened as the scores became 20-20(25ends). The last end of the saw Fuller setting a 35 metre 3/4 corners mark to which his lead bowl finished on land but 5 feet short. And after the next 5 bowls and holding two, Gaut, seemingly going for more made the gravest of errors as his last bowl looked to have the perfect line and weight. Unfortunately for him though, the opening bowl of the end lay in its path and after being struck, everyone could see their agony and the ecstasy for Fuller & Lloyd as their bowl was given the momentum required to travel and rest beside the jack and give them the victory and the title as County Doubles champions 2017.
- Qtr finals
- Semi finals
President Mike Caddick presenting the trophy to Dave Lloyd (left) and Rob Fuller (right).
The two winners show off their trophy.
The runners-up Dave King & Ian Gaut along with President Mike Caddick and the winners Dave Lloyd & Rob Fuller.