Shropshire start their Drakes Pride Junior County campaign against Potteries and District with a new look young squad. There are 7 changes to the team who lost in last season’s Semi Final against Yorkshire, but selector Phil Scott says “this squad is definitely good enough to win the first game. It is a young squad with a few younger bowlers, but if they stick together they have the time to become a really good team.” There has been a change of tactic for the first game, with a green in Shrewsbury being picked for the first time in a long while, Severnside No.1. Scott explained “it’s where we had this year’s county junior trials in April when we had 24 youngsters take part so it made sense.” There are still several players left from last season, and Scott is looking to those more experienced players like Hary Church, Liam Edwards and Harry Parsonage to “lead from the front now, as they are the more senior players in the team.”
The away team head to Bucknall Private Bowling Club, where they played down the road at Bucknall ex-Private back in the Semi Finals of 2012 where we won by 15. A similar result would be great.
You can follow the scores here.
So please try and get down to support the Juniors tomorrow and help them get a great start just like the Seniors did last week! Or try and get a seat on the bus going to the away leg. Details are below:
Coach will pick up from Sir John Bayley Bowling Club at 10.30 a.m. and Prees Bowling Club at 11.15 a.m.
Please make sure you have booked your place.
Contact Phil Scott 01829 250365
Home venue is Severnside (1)
Commences 2 pm.
Draw is as follows Shropshire names first:
- Toby Foxall v Ryan Dodd
- Matt Parry v Fraser Page
- Rhys Marshall v Tom Hollinshead
- Kelly Price v Elina Rowley
- Kieran Jones v Mollie Allen
- George Cooper v Dillon Porter
- Harry Parsonage v Joshua Hamilton
- Matt Beck v Charlotte Allen
- Charlie Hotchkiss v Jack Maddox
- Lorna Parsons v Kyle Ollerhead
- Camilla Parsonage v Ben Hollinshead
- Liam Dovey v Edward Collins
Shropshire reserves from: Nathan Healey, Molly Harris, Ben Middleton, Andrew Price and Joe and George Brassington.
Away Venue Bucknall Private Bowling Club
430 Werrington Road, Bucknall, Stoke-on-Trent, ST2 9AB
Potteries names first.
- Joe Townsend v Harry Church
- Daniel Elvy v Joe Killen
- Adam Dunn v Russell Crocker
- Tom Farmer v Susie Lawson
- William Collett v Emma Massey-Jones
- Poppy Gascoine v Tom Killen
- James Wright v Edward Proudlove
- Lucy Marshall v Liam Edwards
- Oliver Sheldon v Josh Warner
- Lyndon Brocklehurst v Jacob Holden
- Matt Packett v Jake Bailey
- Jack Farmer v Louis Moult
Shropshire reserves from: Ellie Davies, Luke Grocott, Alex Salamina, Joe Dorricott and Jamie Crocker